January 28 was the deadline to pay your Covered California February premiums however, some of California’s biggest insurers have extended their deadlines.
Here are new dates for three major carriers:
• Blue Shield: deadline is Friday, Feb. 14 for people who signed up for coverage starting Feb. 1.
• HealthNet: For people who signed up for coverage beginning Feb. 1, you have until Feb 15 to make your first premium payment. You can pay by phone.
• Kaiser: deadline is now Tuesday, Feb. 18
• Anthem Blue Cross: for ongoing members, the deadline is Jan. 31 (although there’s a one month grace period before cancellation). New members who signed up for coverage that starts on Feb. 1, have until Monday, Feb. 10 to make their premium payment.
• L.A. Care: deadline for participants in “L.A. Care Covered,” its Covered California health plan, is now Feb. 21.