COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Updates
As you know, The Bedrosian & Associates Team is readily available to assist you and your team in any way we can. Please feel free to have employees directly reach out to us as needed. We will continue to provide pertinent updates on this page as they become available.
Paycheck Protection Program: FAQ for Small Businesses
Return to Work Guidelines:
- Back to business checklist
- Announcement to employees in the event there is a positive test amongst colleagues (template)
- COVID-19 sign for entryway
- OSHA guide for preparing your workplace for COVID-19
- WHO guide for preparing your workplace for COVID-19
- HRWS Return to Work Resource
Please review the Waiver of Cost Share that the Governor Newsom released which should be helpful and put the employees at a little ease.
The best way for employees to get tested is that if they have symptoms they should call their PCP/ primary doctor to try and get a test ordered. From what I understand as of today testing is only occurring for those with symptoms or those that came from a known area affected like the EU or other hot areas. Being in the Bay Area for the last couple weeks with no symptoms is not likely to allow for people to get tested from what I have heard. However I am sure this could change any minute.
- Kaiser Permanente and Coronavirus and COVID-19 informational video series
- United HealthCare
- Blue Shield of CA
- Health Net
- Sutter Health
- The Standard
- Equitable / AXA
- Mutual of Omaha
- Basic Pacific
- CaliforniaChoice: Resources – FAQs
- For Covered CA please use the direct carrier links
- The act was passed on 3/18/2020, to go into effect 4/1/2020. The Act includes several provisions to protect American workers and assist employers in providing emergency paid sick leave, as well as paid family leave in the case of school closures, for working families impacted by COVID-19.
- Quick Reference Flow Charts – What to do as an employer
- More Details on the Families First Coronavirus Response Act
- Employer Paid Leave Requirements
- Employee Expanded Family and Medical Leave Rights
- Questions & Answers
- FMLA Fact Sheets
The Department of Labor (DOL) issued its model notice to employees regarding their rights under the Families First Coronavirus Response Act, which will go into effect on April 1, 2020. All employers with less than 500 employees are required to post this in a conspicuous place with other required workplace posters.
- Acrisure Benefit Recommendations
- Fisher Phillips COVID-19 FAQs
- One of the labor law firms we’re partnered with has put together a very comprehensive FAQ for employers so that they can be better prepared if / when certain scenarios arise.
- ThinkHR Webinar – HR Guidance and Best Practices 3/
- ThinkHR has an extensive library of resources for COVID-19
- Reach out to us if you need log in information
- ThinkHR Regulatory Updates & FAQ 4/14/20
- CISA Guidance on Essential Critical Infrastructure Workers
- California Dept of Public Health COVID-19
- California Dept of Public Health New Releases
- California Waiver of Cost Share for all COVID-19 related testing and Screening
- CDC COVID-19 Main Dashboard
- CDC Interim guidance for businesses and employers
- CDC Information for Testing
- US Department of Labor Information on COVID-19