As part of Blue Shield’s commitment to improve the way they provide service to you, they are continuing to bring more customers onto our enhanced membership and claims system. Once the new system has been fully implemented, Blue Shield customers will be able to process and pay claims and enroll members faster and with greater efficiency.
On June 1, Blue Shield is moving their small business clients with a July, August, and September 2014 renewal period onto the system. As of June 1, 2014, your clients will notice some changes.
Changes for employers:
- Consolidated medical, dental, and vision* coverage billing with an improved format and a tear-off remittance slip. Customers will no longer receive separate bills for Dental HMO and/or vision* coverage they obtain through Blue Shield.
- New account number for billing purposes.
- New group contract number that replaces your current number.
- New subgroup billing number(s) that replaces your existing billing unit number(s).
- New employer service contact number.
- New payment mailing address.
- Access to our enhanced Employer Connection Plus online system for account management.
- Delayed June 2014 client bills. Please note: June 2014 Blue Shield bills will be mailed the last week of May, and they should receive them the first week in June. Our standard 30-day grace period for payment will extend from the date we actually produce their June bills.
- Clients’ June bill will be the first one generated by our newly enhanced system. The June bill will not reflect outstanding balances or adjustments from May, so please have them pay their May bill as usual. Our Producer Services team will work with you to resolve any open balances.
- For clients with vision* coverage: After June 1, please contact Blue Shield with any questions about or updates to vision products, including member maintenance.
Changes for covered employees:
- A new member ID card with a new subscriber number will be mailed on or shortly afterJune 1, 2014. The current member ID card will be valid until the new one arrives.
- New customer service numbers will appear on the back of the new member ID card.
- If the member also has dental plan coverage, a new dental plan member ID card with a new subscriber number will be mailed on or shortly after June 1, 2014. The current dental plan member ID card will be valid until the new one arrives.
A newly enhanced Employer Connection Plus website to manage their account online for all their Blue Shield lines of coverage:
- Clients who are currently using Employer Connection to access their account online will be able to access it using their existing username and password.
- Clients who have yet to sign up will need their June 2014 bill to register.
Blue Shield is dedicated to making this transition as smooth as possible for our customers. Like any large transformation project, the migration to Shield Advance may result in some temporary issues and service challenges.
If you have further questions or concerns that are not answered here, please do not hesitate to contact us.